Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ramen-Vegetable Beef Skillet

1 lb ground beef
1-1/2 C sliced fresh carrots
3/4 C sliced onion
1 C water
1 C shredded cabbage
1 C sliced fresh mushrooms
1 C chopped green pepper
1 pkg (3 oz) beef ramen noodles

In a large skillet, cook the beef, carrots, and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and the carrots are crisp-tender; drain.

Add the water, cabbage, mushrooms, green pepper, soy sauce, and the contents of seasoning packet from the noodles.  Break noodles into small pieces; add to pan.  Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and noodles are tender.

**Recipe is from Simple & Delicious magazine.**

This was actually really good!  The kids took forever eating it, because of all the vegetables.  But Jason and I both liked it a lot.  When I make it again, I think I will use red peppers instead of green.  And I think I will add two packages of ramen noodles and two cups of water.  There weren't enough noodles for us.  I might up the soy sauce, too.  Not sure though.

No comments: